I hate to admit this, but skin imperfections can knock down my confidence big time. Have you ever had a big zit pop up right in the middle of your forehead the night before a big day? I’ve had a couple of those!
As far as I can remember, I never got teenage acne and so I sailed through puberty unscathed. However, adulthood brought new challenges for my skin – mainly acne breakouts which would then result in blemishes. So even though they could be worse, my skin wasn’t the best it could be.
You know how some people get ‘the glow’ when pregnant? I didn’t, and my pregnancy hormones apparently didn’t get the memo and instead tried to make me as disfigured as possible. So instead of a flawless skin with pregnancy, I got acne and discolouration, yay me.
Because I’m aware that acne can be caused by various factors, over the years I’ve tried all kinds of different products and facial treatments. Scrubs, lotions, various facials, treatments, you name it, I’ve done it all in an effort to calm down the flares. But it gets expensive quickly, and I like saving some money if I can.
In the last 3 years, I switched my focus to living a healthier lifestyle – eating well, resting well and regular workouts, and all these have had a positive effect on my overall appearance, including my skin. However, I still get occasional breakouts and still have some blemishes.
Which is why when the team at Aduro Mask approached me, I was excited to try out their Aduro 7+ 1 LED facial mask. I started using the mask in December 2017, and I incorporated it into my regimen.
What it looks like
I even did an unboxing video, and I’m so glad I followed my gut and did it. Watch below.
How does it work?
My first question about the mask was, ‘Is it safe?’. I didn’t want my face falling out 🙂
And the quick answer was YES.
It works by using light to transfer energy to cells, which then convert the energy into cellular fuel, boosting cellular activity. The boosted cells will work at an enhanced rate and stimulate the body’s natural rejuvenation responses.
We all know how massaging is a great way of stimulating growth and activity, so the light energy is like a massage to your facial cells, in other words 🙂
According to the website, repeated use of the Aduro LED mask will increase the desired effect, with an increase collagen production and the body’s natural rejuvenation processes – resulting in youthful looking skin and overall improvement of skin complexion.’
How I used it
My skin regimen is simple – cleanse, tone, moisturize. With the occasional peel mask and makeup. I know, I could do more 🙂 But for me, simplicity is key to everything, and we can get complex once we’ve mastered the basics.
My go-to settings have been:
- Acne Buster
- Radiant skin
- Daily Dose
Below are some pros and cons that I’ve found with using the mask.
- The packaging is impressive (see unboxing vid above)
- It’s super portable, simple and convenient to use, you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home
- It covers a wide range of facial skin issues, making it suitable for everyone
- For only 20mins a day, you invest in your skin well-being
- Forces a busy Mama like me to slow down and relax
- It’s an initial investment, but you save some money in spa visits in the long run
- The company offers FREE worldwide shipping
- If you suffer from headaches or are sensitive to light, you might struggle to use the mask some days.
- Getting used to the mask on your face might take a bit of an adjustment curve. It’s silicone, so it might feel a tad hard on some people.
Extra usage notes:
- I found that the velcro snaps pulled at my hair, so whenever I use the mask I wore my satin bonnet or some sort of covering to avoid breakage.
- You may experience some tingling on your skin when you use the mask some days. Don’t fret, that’s normal and it will go away. I’ve only experienced this once.
Otherwise, the mask really works. Because of the headaches that I get, I used it only 3-4 times a week, and see my results below.
Can you believe this?! I had not realized the huge difference until I did this post.
The biggest result for me has been that I’ve hardly had any acne breakouts since using the mask, and before I would get them every month, especially around my period.
How you can buy the mask
If you’d like to purchase the LED 7+1 mask, simply follow this link and use the code ‘fify’ during checkout to get 10% off.
Please make sure it’s the LED 7+1 mask as they have other products.
I hope this gives you hope that skin imperfections can get better over time.
If you have any questions just leave them in the comments below.